Caldwell's starter culture is based on over 20 years
of dedicated state-of-the-art research conducted in collaboration with Agriculture Canada and Agri-Food Canada
- Each box contains 6 pouches.
- Each pouch prepares 4.5 lbs (Approx 2kg) of raw vegetables- 12kg in total
- Vegetables are cultured at room temperature (15-20oC / 60-70oF).
- This culture is specialy formulated for vegetables (not fruit nor meat).
- Refrigeration is recommended.
- This is the only starter culture produced which is 100% vegan.
Caldwell Starter is an effective, dairy free vegetable starter culture which helps to control the fermentation process, making your results much more reliable each time.
The Caldwell starter provides an ideal environment for the fermentation to start, and also stabilises the process, resulting in consistently successful fermentation. This starter is the result of 20 years of research and development in commercial organic fermentation, and contains the correct bacteria strains in the ideal proportions, thus maximising the chances of success.
Organic sugars (as carrier), active lactic bacteria (Lactobacillus plantarum, Leuconostoc mesenteroides and Pediococcus acidilactici)