GIT Regenex contains herbs traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to soothe gastro-intestinal tract mucous membranes and contains Zinc carnosine to assist repair of the gut wall lining.
This medicine may not be right for you / your patient. Read the warnings before purchase. Refer to Warnings, Contraindications and Cautions tab in the product information below.
- Slippery Elm and Licorice root are traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to soothe gastro-intestinal tract mucous membranes and relieve mild gastrointestinal tract inflammation
- Polaprezinc (zinc carnosine) helps maintain a healthy gastric mucosa via its cytoprotective, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative, membrane stabilising, and healing actions
Slippery Elm is traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to relieve diarrhoea or loose stools
Dosage and Administration
For any further information please contact Clinical & Technical Support on 1300 654 336.
Warnings, Cautions and Contraindications
- If diarrhoea persists for more than 6 hours in infants under 6 months, 12 hours in children under 3 years, 24 hours in children aged 3-6 years or 48 hours in adults and children over 6 years, seek medical advice
- Contains Zinc which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period.
- Vitamin and mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Contraindicated in intestinal obstruction.
- Caution in patients with epilepsy/seizure disorders.
- High doses of glutamine should be used with caution in patients with liver disease.
- Consume at least 2 hours away from ingestion of medications, including tetracycline or quinolone antibiotics, bisphosphonates (osteoporosis drugs) or thyroid hormone.
- Discontinue 7 days prior to general anaesthesia.
- If patient symptoms persist, seek additional professional advice.
Glutamine 3.5 g
Acacia spp. (gum) 2.0 g
Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) extract (deglycyrrhizinised) 73 mg
derived from root dry 2.0 g
stand. to glycyrrhizinic acid 0.36mg
Ulmus rubra (Slippery Elm) stem bark powder 500 mg
Polaprezinc (Zinc carnosine) 75 mg
equiv. to Zinc 16 mg
Colloidal anhydrous silica
- No Added: Gluten, soya bean, milk, lactose, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, crustacea, corn, egg, sesame seeds, artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours.
- Suitable for Vegans.
- For any further information please contact Clinical & Technical Support on 1300 654 336