If you’re looking for a healthier chocolate cake recipe that omits flour, this is it! Using almond flour and sugar substitutes, it’s a cake that the entire family can enjoy on any occasion. You can also adjust this recipe for healthier sugar swaps if you don’t want to use sugar free ingredients too! This recipe came to us from Lydia in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 1 ½ cups of almond meal
- 200 grams of sugar free dark chocolate chopped
- 2 tbsp of dutch cocoa
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- a pinch of salt
- 5 large eggs separated
- ½ cup extra sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 100 grams unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup Nutiva
- Combine almond meal sweetener, chocolate, cocoa powder, walnuts and salt
- Beat egg yolks, 1/2 cup sweetener and vanilla together in a separate bowl until light and fluffy then add to the almond mix. Combine well then stir in the butter and mix well.
- In a food processor, beat the egg whites until stiff then add to the batter, ⅓ of the mixture at a time until combined.
- Pour into a prepared greased and lined 10" springform pan and bake for 45-60 minutes at 180C
- When cool, spread with Nutiva and enjoy!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!