Make you own Organic Miso at Home
What is White Miso?
White miso is popular ingredient used in Japanese cooking. It is made by fermenting soy beans with koji (starter culture) and salt. The flavour is sweet, nutty and salty. The most popular dish incorporating white miso is Miso soup.
What are the benefits of Miso consumption?
- Daily intake of miso soup was associated with lower epigastric symptoms caused by Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (1)
- May reduce cholesterol and risk of heart disease (2,4)
- May possess anti cancer, anti inflammatory and anti oxidant characteristics (2,4)
- May help lower blood cholesterol (2)
- May reduce risk of bladder cancer (3)
- May reduce osteoporosis risk (4)
- Rich in Enzymes that assist digestion
How to Make White Miso?
The Kit Includes:
500g Organic Soy Beans
400g Organic Dried Rice Koji Starter
200g Fine Himalayan Salt
2 X Wide Mouth Quart Glass Mason Jars
2 X Masontops Wide Mouth Pebbles
1 X Masontops Pickle Packer
White miso is very easy to prepare and is ready to eat in 4 weeks
Kit will make approximately 1 kg of Miso