Dehydrated Water Kefir Grains
Water Kefir Recipe & How-to Reactivate Dry Water Kefir Grains How to Reconstitute Dry Water Kefir
In a suitable glass jar, add dehydrated water kefir grains , 2-cups fresh water and 1 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice. Seal jar and soak for 3 hours. Strain, then use the reconstituted grains per water kefir recipe below.
Water Kefir Recipe
Utensils / Ingredients / Method
• Quart Mason jar or a Kefirko Kefir Maker
• Reconstituted water kefir grains
• 4 cups cold water (don’t use filtered water)
• 30g good quality sugar
• 1/2 tsp organic blackstrap molasses
• Slice of lemon
1. Add water, sugar, molasses and then add water kefir grains and lemon slice
2. Seal jar airtight & let stand at room temperature for 2 days. Shake jar regularly to mix.
3. Strain contents from Kefir Maker, fill sealable bottles with the strained water kefir & refrigerate. Water kefir grains will remain in the Kefir Maker to be used for the next batch.
4. Repeat all the above steps for each new batch.
Best served chilled. To ensure fizz store sealed bottle at room temperature to 1 day before refrigeration. Take care opening stored bottles; it may have excess pressure to forcefully spill out the bottle.
Avoid overcrowding water kefir grains -- always measure the required amount of water kefir grains for each new batch and do NOT use any more than that. Maintaining Consistency in amount of grains is important.
Avoid over fermentation—do not ferment longer than 4 days at 20°-25°C. Avoid 3 - 4 consecutive 4-day fermentation. In cooler temperature 3-day fermentation is acceptable.