If you are looking for a healthy, vegan soup base, this is the recipe for you! It combines chaga and spices fermented to perfection to give you all of the added benefits. Chaga is full of antioxidants and is a powerful adaptogen which is great for stress! You can even use it as a probiotic boost shot since it is fermented. This recipe came to us from Mai in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- Around 2oz of Chaga (simmered in 1 gallon of water for about 10 hrs and then cooled)
- 4-5 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 1/2 tbsp Sea salt
- 1 Red Serrano chile pepper (diced)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp Herbes De Provence
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Fermented pumpkin paste as starter (you don’t have to use a starter but it's recommended! Any lacto ferment works!)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar as food for bacteria
- Mix everything together and place in 2 half gallon jars
- Let it ferment for 8-10 days, check and stir daily. You can use these pickle pipes for extra support
- Taste often and then enjoy!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!