Finding a toothpaste without nasty ingredients may be difficult which is why we are bringing you this recipe! This homemade toothpaste includes different essential oils that are anti inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiviral and more! This recipe is very easy and you can even add in activated charcoal to help whiten your smile. This recipe came to us from Valerie in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 1/2 cup bicarb (filler free)
- 10 drops of peppermint oil (breath freshener, anti inflammatory, antiseptic, antimicrobial and antiviral)
- 5 drops myrrh (anti inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiseptic, fungicidal, antiphlogistic)
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1tsp xylitol
- Coconut oil (enough to make creamy consistency)
- Mix bicarb, essential oils, xylitol, and sea salt
- Add enough coconut oil to make it into a paste
- Put it into a glass jar! And you can always sprinkle in some activated charcoal for an amazing whitening effect!
- If you do not feel like creating your own toothpaste, we recommend this one!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!