If you cannot have dairy, this recipe is a great cheese alternative! Using coconut kefir cheese you are still receiving the benefits of kefir, but it is dairy free. Rolling this cheese in Dukkah, an Egyptian condiment made of ground nuts, seeds, spices, and herbs, brings you a savory treat full of benefits. This recipe came to us from Beth in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
Coconut Kefir Cheese:
- 250 ml Coconut milk
- 1 packet Kefir Grains
- Sesame Seeds
- Smoked Paprika
- Coriander Seeds
- Sea Salt
- Use this kit and recipe that it comes with to make your coconut milk kefir cheese.
- Toast your cashews, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, smoke paprika, coriander seeds, turmeric, and salt in a skillet until they are fragrant. (you can also add in any other nuts, seeds, or spices that you have on hand!)
- Toast your sesame seeds separate using the same method
- Place half of your sesame seed mixture and then rest of the toasted nuts into a food processor.
- Add in the rest of your sesame seeds and your dukkah is done! Roll your cheese in the mixture and enjoy!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!