Have you tried Kombucha before? A 2014 study by Vina et.al (1) stated that it is shown that Kombucha Tea (KT) can efficiently act in health prophylaxis and recovery due to four main properties: detoxification, antioxidation, energising potencies, and promotion of depressed immunity. The recent experimental studies on the consumption of KT suggests that it is suitable for prevention against broad-spectrum metabolic and infective disorders. This makes KT attractive as a fermented functional beverage for health prophylaxis.
An important disclaimer is that Kombucha Tea is most effective when you make it yourself. This is because most commercial Kombucha is artificially produced and contains harmful food additives. The fermentation is longer than kefir and can take around 7 to 10 days but the good news is that we have developed a method whereby it can be produced daily. You never have to buy expensive, artificial Kombucha again.
Have you heard about the "Continuous Kombucha Fermentation Method"? You will need a larger vessel like our 5 L Mortier Pilon Kombucha Jars or our 5 L Lead Free Ceramic Kombucha Jars
Kombucha Continuous Brew Method
1) Brew 1 L of Kombucha tea as per our instructions which can be found here
2) Establish the batch size for your continuous brew. We suggest 4L in our jars
3) Reserve 400ml of complete Kombucha tea and Kombucha scoby from step 1
4) Brew 4 L of Black tea using 4L boiling water, 8 organic tea bags and one 1 cup of organic rapadura sugar
5) Cool tea to room temperature and fill into our 5 L Kombucha Jar
6) Add 400 ml reserved Kombucha tea and Scoby from step 3 and mix thoroughly
7) Cover Kombucha Jar with lid or cloth provided (your kombucha must breathe)
8) Leave to brew for 7 to 14 days. You can start tasting brew via spigot after day 7 and stop fermenting when your brew is tart and there is a new scoby formed on the surface of your brew
9) Your brew is ready to consume
10) Now this is when the magic happens. Spigot out 250ml to 500ml for your daily consumption or second fermentation
11) Immediately replace amount of kombucha taken out with 250ml or 500ml of cool brewed tea (same ratios of tea, sugar and water as per our recipe). We suggest making 1L of brewed tea and storing in the fridge to use as top up tea.
Note: You can also continuous brew Jun Kombucha using the same method.
(1) Current evidence on physiological activity and expected health effects of kombucha fermented beverage,Vīna I1, Semjonovs P, Linde R, Deniņa I. 2014