Garlic has incredible benefits like a boost to the immune system, lowering cholesterol, and reducing blood pressure. So fermenting it enhances the benefits and adds some new ones like improving digestive health! This recipe is super easy to follow and tastes incredible! This recipe came to us from Mai in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- ½ pound peeled garlic cloves
- Bay leaves
- Green tea leaves
- Chili peppers
- Fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Fill your quality jar with garlic and spices, add 1 big tbsp sea salt, top with water (leave about 1 inch headspace), close and shake well!
- Open the lid and using glass weight or rock (you can use this kit!), press down garlic gloves until brine covers weight.
- Close with a fermentation lid and ferment 7-10 days (depending on room temperature)
- Taste and stir often (and give it a gentle shake sometimes!)
- When it tastes pleasant and tangy, then it’s ready! Store in the refrigerator.
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!