If you’re looking for a new breakfast option, this is it! It’s simple to make and it can be a grab and go option for busy weeks. It includes dates, which stimulate the immune system and reduce inflammation and chia seeds which are high in fiber and antioxidants! This recipe came to us from Nicky in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- ½ cup shredded coconut for dusting
- Remove the pits in the dates and soak them in water for a few minutes. Drain and keep water
- Put everything except the shredded coconut into a food processor and process until it’s all stuck together. Then add a tbsp of the date water.
- Roll into balls, roll it in the shredded coconut, put them in the refrigerator, and enjoy!
Make sure to share what you thought about this recipe and your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!