If you are looking for a bread recipe with extra benefits and minimal ingredients, this is it! Combining milk kefir and honey, you have a beautiful mix of probiotics and prebiotic benefits. You can enjoy this as a sandwich loaf, as a soup dipper, or as a base for any other topping! This recipe came to us from Kathy in our Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
Scant 2 cups of milk kefir (you can buy everything you need, here!)
2 tbsp honey
1 ½ tsp salt
- Mix flour and salt well
- Pour in honey and enough milk kefir to make the dough sticky and pull away from the bowl, mix well
- Knead 5-10 minutes until soft and smooth
- Transfer to oiled bowl and ferment for 12-24 hours
- Punch down and place in a loaf pan
- Rise in a warm place until it reaches the top of the pan
- Bake for 40-50 minutes at 175C in a preheated oven. Enjoy by itself or dip it into this amazing chaga mushroom soup or this whitefish chowder!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Facebook Group!