Having different types of fermented foods for every meal is key to having a diverse gut microbiome. This fermented asparagus is great to eat at every meal and contains loads of fibre and antioxidants. You can even add in some garlic or spices for additional benefits! This recipe came to us from Mai in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 tsp salt
- Cut the ends of the asparagus and using a potato peeler, peel the tough lower part of the skin
- Cut it into 1 inch pieces. Place them into 2 quality jars (or you can buy this kit)
- Add 2 cups of water and 2 tsp of salt.
- Close the lid and shake until the salt dissolves
- Add a glass weight and use a fermentation lid (this kit has both)
- Let it ferment at room temperature for about 4-7 days (taste often)
- Keep it in the refrigerator and enjoy some at every meal!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!