If you are looking for a spicy fermented chilli sauce full of red chillies and habaneros, this is it! This recipe is for the person that loves spice and it also has ginger, turmeric, and garlic for added benefits. Leaving it to ferment for 2 weeks gives you all the probiotic goodness as well! This recipe came to us from Mick in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- Long red chillies
- Frozen long reds (freeze them as they ripen until you have about a kilo)
- Habanero chillies
- Fresh Turmeric
- Fresh New Ginger
- Australian Garlic
- Combine all ingredients (make sure produce is as fresh as possible!) until you get to 800g (you can play with the ratios of each but keep in mind that the habanero adds a big kick!)
- Blend and then put into quality jars
- Make a brine that is 3% salt to the weight of the produce (in this case 24g for 800g of product!
- Ferment for 2 weeks and then enjoy
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!