If you are a coffee lover and looking to add more probiotics into your daily diet, you’re going to love this cold brewed coffee kombucha! It’s a simple and beautiful ferment that has all of the benefits of kombucha in the form of coffee. Make sure to use quality coffee and quality jars as well! This recipe is from Candance in The Gut Health Gurus Facebook Group!
- 2 litres filtered water
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground coffee
- Boil 2 cups of the water in a small pot, add sugar and stir to dissolve. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add coffee grounds, sweetened water and remaining water to a large jar or French press.
- Stir well to immerse the coffee and then cover with a clean cloth or the top of the French press (without plunging it).
- Allow to infuse at room temperature for about 12 hours.
- In the morning, filter with a nut milk bag
- Add kombucha and scoby then jar and ferment as you would regular kombucha!
Make sure to share your creations with us in The Gut Health Gurus Facebook Group!