If you are looking for a simple yet delicious fermented vegetable recipe this is the one for you! It is full of different types of vegetables that will bring to you different prebiotics and probiotics! This recipe came to us from Lindel in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 1.5 Heads of cabbage
- 3 Spring onions
- ½ of a cauliflower
- 2 stalks of celery
- 5 small cloves of garlic x 5 small cloves
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric (real or powder)
- 1 inch knob of ginger
- 2 green apples
- 3 carrots
- 4 radishes
- 3 birds eye hot finely sliced (seeds removed) chilli’s
- 1 Leek
- 1 teaspoon of Fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon coriander seed
- ½ teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons of Salt (Himalayan) sprinkled on vegetables and pounded in.
- 1gm starter in half cup room temperature water (10 mins max)
- If you need extra brine: 1 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water
- Cut all vegetables then add the salt to them
- Make the brine and then pour it over your vegetables in your widemouth jars
- Add a pickle pebble to prevent mold! (included in the above kit!!)
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!