Bagels are a delicious treat but they often contain preservatives which is why this homemade version is so much better! It’s very easy to make, using only a few ingredients, and you can use homemade greek yoghurt which adds in extra benefits as well. This recipe came to us from Lydia in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 2 cups full fat plain unsweetened greek yoghurt (you can use this kit to make your own!)
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 egg
- Coarse salt
- Combine greek yoghurt and self raising flour and gently knead to a dough
- Cut into 8 pieces, shape into balls using a little bit more flour if sticky
- Poke a hole in the middle and gentle stretch out
- Place on a greased oven tray, brush with egg wash and sprinkle tops with coarse salt and hemp seeds (or any other seeds you like!)
- Bake at 180C for 25 minutes
- You can top it with this salmon kefir cheese spread or this milk kefir cheese spread!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!