Author: Alex Lewin
ransform whole ingredients into delicious, healthy fermented foods using the easy techniques and recipes in Real Food Fermentation.
In this newly revised and updated edition of Real Food Fermentation, discover how to preserve your favourite foods in every season with simple techniques and recipes. Learn the process of fermentation from start to finish, and stock your pantry and refrigerator with delicious fermented fruits, vegetables, dairy, and more. You'll find information about why these recipes work, why they are safe, what to do if things go wrong, and how to modify them to suit your taste.
Fermenting is both an art and a science, and Alex Lewin expertly takes you through every step, including an overview of food preserving and the fermentation process. Get to know the health benefits of fermented foods, and learn the best tools, supplies, and ingredients to use. Then start making wholesome preserved foods and beverages with step-by-step recipes for sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir, yogurt, preserved lemons, chutney, kimchi, and more, getting the best out of every season's bounty. The book is filled with beautiful photos and clear instructions help you build your skills with confidence. It's no wonder people are fascinated with fermenting-the process is user friendly, and the rewards are huge. Inside you'll find:
- Fermentation basics-the tools, the ingredients, the processes, and how to get started
- Sauerkraut and beyond-how to ferment vegetables, including slaw-style, pickles, and kimchi
- How to ferment dairy into yogurt, kefir, creme fraiche, butter, and more
- How to ferment your own beverages, including kombucha, vinegar, and hard apple cider
- Plus recipes for sourdough, natto, and more
With this book as your guide, you'll feel in control of your food and your health. See why so many people are discovering the joys of fermenting!