How to Make Almond Milk Kefir
1 tsp. (5g) organic almond milk kefir grains as purchased
250 ml organic almond milk
1 X Ball Mason Fermenting Lid or 1 X Pickle Pipe (Optional)
1) Add almond milk kefir grains to a Ball Mason Jar or Kefirko Kefir Maker.
2) Pour 250ml organic almond milk over grains, add 1 fig or date and cover the mouth of your bottle with a clean tea towel or cheesecloth, securing it with a rubber band.
3) Place in a warm spot to ferment for 7-10 hours.
4) Then close lid of your kefir maker or mason jar and ferment in a refrigerator for a further 48 hours.
5) Strain grains out using a sieve or simple pour out through inbuilt strainer on Kefir Maker. At this point, the almond milk kefir can be consumed. Once ready almond milk kefir can be stored in a refrigerator for 2 weeks.
6) Use strained grains to start a fresh batch as per step 1
We would recommend starting with with a tablespoon and working up to 1 cup per day.
Storage of Almond Milk Kefir Grains
For long-term storage, almond milk kefir grains can be store in a freezer for up to 2 years. After freezing, almond milk kefir grain may take up to 4 batches before returning to original potency.