If you are looking for a kombucha that is jam packed with antiviral goodness, this is it! This recipe combines green coffee beans which are great for aiding weight loss, chaga which is incredible for inflammation, and reishi which enhances the immune system! So all together they create this powerful trio! This recipe came to us from Mai in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 1 cup green coffee beans
- Few chunks of Reishi and Chaga (You can also use Life Cykel Medicinal Mushroom Extracts)
- 12 cups water
- 2 cups raw, unfiltered sugar (to feed the SCOBY)
- 1 SCOBY
- Any flavors you would like to add (lemon, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, vanilla bean, or herbs)
- Soak the beans and mushrooms overnight in a pot, then add sugar, and simmer gently for about 12 hrs
- Cool it to room temperature
- Pour it into a fermentation vessel, then add your SCOBY
- Ferment it for about 7 days
- For carbonation - pour it into quality bottles and let it ferment another day
- Keep it in the fridge.
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!