There are so many things you could do with milk kefir and making these cream cheese balls is one of them! They have the perfect consistency and flavor. The best part is you can add in the spices that YOU like! For this recipe you will need a Kefirko Cheese Making Kit but once you have that you can make them whenever you’d like! This recipe came to us from Simone from the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 1 part milk kefir
- 2 parts full cream milk
- spice mix of your choosing
- 2 bay leaves
- Put 1 part milk kefir and 2 parts of full cream milk into your Kefirko Kefir maker. Leave to ferment on a benchtop for 1 to 2 days until the milk separates into curds and whey.
- When it is done, pour into you Kefir Cheese Maker and leave it to strain out the whey for 2 days in the refrigerator
- Then roll into balls, dip them in your favourite spice mixture and place in a jar
- Cover them with olive oil and your bay leaves
- Leave them for a few days and then they will be ready to eat!
- Don’t forget to drink the whey..it is so nutritious!!!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!