If you are looking for a healthy pancake swap, this is it!. Full of green banana flour and milk kefir, this pancake is a new best friend for your gut! The green banana flour is full of prebiotic fibre to nourish the gut and the milk kefir is packed with probiotics. And you can add even more deliciousness on top or inside to make these pancakes extra delicious! This recipe came to us from Peta in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 65g (1/2 cup) green banana flour
- 120ml milk kefir
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence and 1 tbsp stevia if you would like sweet pancakes
- Coconut oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until completely blended.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Spoon a ladle full of mixture into the pan. And if you're aiming for fluffy pancakes, then use a cooking ring and spoon the mixture into that.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side and then remove the ring once the batter has cooked and firmed up.
- Flip the pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side, or until golden brown on both. Remove from the heat and repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with the topping of your choice!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!