If you love rhubarb or if you have an extra supply of it this year, you’re going to love this recipe! It is a wonderful jam that is thin enough to put on top of home made yoghurt or ice cream or you can make it thicker to add it onto sandwiches! This recipe came to us from Linda in the Gut Health Gurus Facebook Group!
- 1kg fine sliced rhubarb
- 1kg castor sugar
- 500ml mixed citrus juice
- 1 teaspoon Prebiotic Citrus Pectin
- Add Citrus Pectin to sugar and mix well until evenly distributed
- Put all ingredients except sugar/pectin mixture into a pot and cook slowly till it's stewed.
- Add the sugar/pectin mixture and continue to cook. Stir well till it thickens.
- If you want it thicker or thinner you may need to adjust the amount of pectin in the next batch!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Gurus Facebook Group!