This nut and seed bread is filling, nourishing, and healthy unlike most bread alternatives! It’s jam packed with seeds and nuts that will help your digestive health. You can enjoy this by itself or with avocado, apple butter, or jams (like this rhubarb jam or this fermented apple and pear sauce!) This recipe came to us from Emma in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 cup flaked brown rice cereal
- 3 heaped tbsp psyllium husk
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups of water
- 3-4 tbsp melted coconut oil or ghee (leave out when soaking!)
- Mix everything (besides coconut oil or ghee) and let it soak for 5 hours.
- Add in the 3-4 tbsp of melted coconut oil or ghee
- Form it into a loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes at 180°c then enjoy!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!