We’re back again with another bread recipe! This recipe is full of raisins and is a wonderful sweet addition to your breakfast. Sourdough starter is full of prebiotics and contains higher levels of vitamins and minerals compared to other bread. This recipe came to us from Nicky in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 160g warm water
- 160g milk
- 200g sourdough starter (make your own instant sourdough starter)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 45g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 500g of bread flour
- 250g of raisins
- Combine and knead a bit. Leave it for an hour.
- Knead and let it rise to double.
- Shape, rest, shape it for the tin, and then put it in the tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200C, turn and bake a bit further 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with butter, this fermented rhubarb, or this fermented apple and pear sauce on top!
Make sure to share what you thought about this recipe and your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!