If you are a fan of applesauce, then you will love this fermented apple and pear sauce! The fermentation adds a depth of flavor and all of the added benefits as well. You can eat this on top of ice cream, mixed in yoghurt, or by itself for a nice treat. This recipe came to us from Emma in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- Put the apples and pears into a slow cooker. Cook on low until they become pureed
- Allow them to cool and add the water kefir or kombucha to kick start fermentation
- Fill your quality jars ⅔ of the way full (you can use this kit!) and leave to ferment for 4-5 days (checking often as fruit ferments can be converted to alcohol quickly!)
- When it starts to bubble and separate then it’s time to refrigerate!
- You can eat it on top of this beautiful macadamia and raspberry ice cream, this mixed berry yoghurt, mixed in oatmeal, or anything else that you desire!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!