If you are looking for a heavy metal detox or a pesto for your pasta, this is it! It is full of cilantro which has been proven to chelate toxic metals from our bodies in a relatively short period of time. It’s easy to make and it freezes well so you can get fresh cilantro and have the benefits all year long! The benefits of each ingredient are in parenthesis! This recipe came to us from Arthur in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 4 cloves garlic (organic germanium)
- 1/3 cup Brazil nuts (selenium)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (cysteine)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium)
- 2 cups packed fresh cilantro (also called coriander or chinese parsley) (vitamin A)
- 1 cup packed fresh basil (vitamin A)
- 2/3 cup flaxseed oil (EFA, essential fatty acids)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (vitamin C)
- 2 tsp. Prebiotic Seaweed Powder powder (organic minerals)
- 200 mg. Alpha Lipoic Acid (antioxidant, heavy metal chelator)
- Sea salt to taste
- Process the cilantro, basil, and flaxseed oil in a blender until the cilantro is chopped.
- Add the garlic, nuts and seeds, seaweed powder and lemon juice and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste.
- Add a pinch to sea salt to taste and blend again.
- Add the 200 mg. of Lipoic Acid and mix again.
- Store pesto in dark glass jars whenever possible and it does freeze well too!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!