If you are looking for a new water kefir recipe that has great benefits for the immune system, this is it! It uses elderflowers which help your nervous system and can also help with high blood pressure. This recipe came to us from Nicky in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
-1 liter water
- 60 g raw cane sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 slices organic lemon
- 3-4 stoned dates
- 3-4 umbels of elderflowers
- 30-50 g water kefir grains
- Add water, kefir grains, raw sugar, and lemon juice into quality mason jars. Stir well and allow it to sit on the kitchen bench for 2-3 days until it is fermented.
- Strain out grains with a cheesecloth and then add the lemon slices, elderflowers, and dates.
- Place back into the jars and keep in a warm environment for 2-3 days or you can taste frequently and enjoy once the taste is to your liking!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!