If you are looking for a sweet, tangy, and savory sauce to use over noodles, rice, or vegetables, this is it! It combines maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and dried chilli flakes which add a unique depth of flavor and is full of antioxidants. This recipe came to us from Jeuleine in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 37ml apple cider vinegar
- 37ml filtered water
- 15ml dried chilli flakes (you can use less if you don’t want it too spicy!)
- 2 teaspoons organic arrowroot
- A pinch of celtic salt
- Place all of your ingredients into a saucepan and bring it to a simmer.
- Stir it for two minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature in a small bowl
- You can keep it for up to 3 days in the refrigerator!
Make sure to share what you thought about this recipe and your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!