If you are looking for a delicious dinner recipe, this is it! Using chickpea flour and kimchi, you can create savory pancakes that are a delicious part of any lunch or dinner. Chickpea powder is full of vitamins and minerals, making it a healthier option to other flour. You also have the probiotic benefits of the kimchi! Then adding cashew aioli and sweet chili sauce on top gives it extra depth and flavor. This recipe came to us from Jeuleine in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) kimchi, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped (plus extra for serving)
- 1/2 cup (55g) chickpea flour
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum free bicarbonate of soda
- Sprinkle of Himalayan salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Don’t add extra water!
- Heat oil over medium heat
- Spoon in 60ml amounts to form 5cm pancakes until the pan is full
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown
- Mix fresh shallots with dried shallot and onion. Place cashew aioli, sweet chili sauce, and the shallot mixture on top and enjoy!
Make sure to share what you thought about this recipe and your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!