There is nothing like a warm miso soup to enjoy the health benefits of fermented soybeans! This recipe includes kelp which is an excellent source of iodine, fucoidan and fibre. And a wonderful prebiotic as well! It also includes miso paste which has been fermented for 6 months so you can enjoy all of the health benefits. This recipe came to us from Kerry in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 4 cups of water
- 10-20g kelp
- 2 brown mushrooms
- 6 asparagus
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 4 tsp miso
- Optional: japanese chilli paste and tamari sauce
- Boil water with kelp, mushrooms, asparagus, and barely (cook until soft)
- Add the miso paste and make sure to premix into a little bit of water to avoid clumping!
- You can mix in japanese chili paste and tamari sauce to taste if you desire
- Serve with green onions on top and enjoy!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!