How to Make Instant Organic Kefir
100 g Fresh Organic Pure Double Cream (Optional)
1) Bring 500ml of fresh organic milk to boil, cool to room temperature and pour into a clean Ball Mason Jar or Kefir Maker, along with 100g of fresh cream (optional)
2) If adding Milk Kefir Growth Booster or Colostrum, mix thoroughly in milk
3) Stir 1 packet (5g) of Instant Organic Kefir Starter Culture into milk
4) Place Ball Mason Fermenting Lid or Pickle Pipe on jar and seal tightly
5) Place Ball Mason jar in a dark, warm cupboard and culture for 24 – 36 hours at room temperature ideally around 18 to 20 degrees and then in a refrigerator for a further 12 hours to chill.
6) The Kefir is ready to drink when it has a smooth consistency, similar to thin yoghurt.
7) Collect half a glass of Kefir - this can be used as a starter the next 500ml batch. Repeat process up to 3 times to make 2.5L Kefir in total.
8) Milk Kefir can be flavoured with honey and/or your favourite fruits and consumed immediately.
We recommend starting with a tablespoon and working up to 1 cup per day.
Serve Kefir with your favourite fruit and honey, or add to smoothies. Kefir can also be used to make salad dressing and ice-cream.
Organic Rice Flour, Kefir Culture
Kefir Starter culture must be storage refrigerated. Prepared kefir can be store in a refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
1) Crumble one smoothie bomb into a blender
2) Break banana into pieces and add to blender
3) Add ice and milk kefir to blender