Adding fermented foods into your diet is key for extra probiotics! Which is why we are bringing you this simple, yet delicious, fermented pears and figs recipe! Pears are full of essential antioxidants and figs help to improve digestion! This recipe came to us from Lydia in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 1 pinch of cinnamon, all spice, ginger, and cardamon
- ¼ raw honey
- ¼ cup whey
- Pinch of salt
- Cut and core pears
- Put into a bowl with dried figs and a handful of raisins
- Combine with 1 pinch of cinnamon, all spice, ginger, and cardamon
- Put this mixture into a quality jar
- Combine ¼ cup raw honey and ¼ cup whey and then pour it into the jar
- Top with water and make sure that the fruit is covered (you can use glass weights and then pickle pipes to make sure it stays covered!)
- After 3-7 days (depending on weather) you will have a beautiful ferment to enjoy!
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!