Pickled beetroots are a healthy addition to your diet. This recipe is tangy and has a little bit of spice! Try this wonderful recipe from Adri in our Gut Health Gurus Facebook Group, and share your results!
Yield: 1 Litre
3 small steamed beetroots, spiralised
1/4 of a brown onion, sliced
1 stick cinnamon
4 whole cloves
6 whole black peppercorns
2 grains decorticated (remove bark, rind or husk) cardamom
1 pinch smoked chili pepper flakes
- Put the beetroot slices into a clean litre jar.
- Combine the onion, vinegar, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns, cardamom, and pepper flakes in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for a few minutes. If you like them soft then simmer for a longer length of time.
- Remove the vinegar mix from heat and pour over the beets in the jar. Don't strain out the spices!
- Put a lid on the jar and refrigerate. Wait at least an hour before tasting.
This is a quick and simple pickled recipe that you can use if you love, or have, extra beets! Remember to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Gurus Facebook Group!