If you are looking for a ferment to try for your daily dose of gut health boosting benefits, then this tepache is a perfect fit! Using pineapples, cloves, and some brown sugar to help it ferment, it is a tasty and beneficial drink to have any time of the year! This recipe came to us from Lindel in the Gut Health Gurus Facebook Group!
- Skin & core of 1 organic pineapple
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon or ½ teaspoon Organic Cinnamon
- Star anise (optional)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Water to cover (ensure fruit under the liquid!)
- Cut up pineapple, and add all ingredients into a glass jar. Cover with cloth top or seal & regularly burp for 2 to 3 days on bench.
- Fill the liquid portion into a high quality glass bottle and seal. Note: make sure you are using quality bottles so they do not explode!
- Leave for 2 days at room temperature to carbonate, then put in the refrigerator and drink when ready! Make sure to open it carefully as it may be very carbonated.
Make sure to share your creations with us in the Gut Health Gurus Facebook Group!