Are you looking for a new sauerkraut recipe to add extra ferments into your diet? If so, this is an amazing one to add! Using beetroot, you have the extra benefits of polyphenols and a great source of fibre! It’s a refreshing sauerkraut with an apple and ginger that is sure to be one of your new fermentation staples! This recipe came to us from Silvana in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 800g cabbage
- 600g beetroot
- ½ inch grate ginger
- 1 ½ cloves of grated garlic
- ½ shredded apple
- 1 tbsp salt
- Shred cabbage, mix in salt and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Shred the beetroot and massage in for 2 minutes
- Mix in ginger, garlic, and apple.
- Put the mixture in quality jars (you can use this kit here), ferment for 5 days, then put in the refrigerator and enjoy on day 10!
Make sure to share what you thought about this recipe and your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!