If you’re looking for a healthy soda alternative, this is it! With ginger, which is full of antioxidants and great for nausea, a ginger bug adds the extra benefit of fermented goodness like probiotics and yeast. It’s easy to make and at the end you’ll be able to mix it into your tea or juice to create a nice bubbly drink! This recipe came to us from Nicky in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!
- 2 inches of organic ginger root
- 1/2 cup of organic sugar
- Skin and all, start with one inch of ginger, 2 tbsp of sugar and one cup of water.
- Ferment 2 to 4 days.
- Once bubbly, add another inch of ginger and 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Feed and stir every day and then use it right away or keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Add it into this Rhubarb Lemonade or this Green Tea Kombucha for extra probiotics and tang!
Make sure to share what you thought about this recipe and your creations with us in the Gut Health Guru’s Facebook Group!