Ready for some exciting Christmas Kombucha recipes? If like me you have become addicted to the distinctive fizz of a fresh, chilled glass of kombucha on a summer's day then you would know the excitement of finding a refreshing new way of enjoying your not-so-guilty pleasure. And with the holiday season upon us, we have more opportunities than ever to spritz up our daily delight.
As I'm sure you already know Kombucha is high in antioxidants and a rich source of probiotics, adding many health benefits for a fermented tea. Made from black tea or green tea this super drink can take up to a month to ferment with added strains of bacteria, yeast, and sugar. The whole process forms what is referred to as a SCOBY (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast). It’s these bacteria that feed off the sugar in the fermented tea that leaves you with the tasty low-sugar mixer this holiday season
Allow me to gift you some delicious Kombucha recipes for Christmas… A list of 5 of our favourite cocktails that can be enjoyed alongside the ambient tunes of Bublé as the festive lights dance across your glass this holiday season. If you choose not to be naughty, you can opt to leave the alcohol out of these mixes (although be mindful that there is a very low amount of alcohol in Kombuchas already, but not enough to get anyone drunk!) and simply enjoy them as beautiful, delicious, refreshing summer Christmas Kombucha mocktails.
Let's jump into it with our all-time summer favourite. The secret is in the fresh seasonal ingredients, shhh.
1. “Strawberry Mint Mojito”
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 4 leaves of fresh mint with stems removed
- 3/4 cup of fresh ripe strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 4 oz. vodka or clear rum
- 12 oz. plain kombucha or ginger kombucha
- You can also add in some berries and lime wedges for a fancier option
(substitute alcohol for sparkling water for a non-alcoholic kombucha recipe version)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mint leaves, strawberries, and lime juice until strawberries form a puree.
- Share the mixture amongst two glasses of your choice, fancier the better.
- Add in kombucha to the mix, along with 2 oz. of vodka in each glass and top it up with ice.
- Top with berries, a lime wedge, and a mint leaf to make it look the part.
Vodka or Rum not your thing but still loved the sound of the Strawberry Mint Mojito? Stress not! Try this tasty little gem below instead!
2. Pink Gin and Kombucha
- Strawberry or berry-flavoured kombucha.
- 4 oz of Pink Gin
- A Splash of Soda or Sparkling water
- 2 ripe strawberries
- Fresh Lime
- Crushed Ice
(substitute alcohol for sparkling water for a mocktail version)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the strawberries and lime juice until strawberries form a puree.
- Divide the puree amongst two cocktail glasses, again aim for something fancy.
- Add 6 oz of flavoured kombucha tea, 2 oz of pink gin per glass and fill the rest with ice.
- Top with berries and lime wedge to make it look fancy.
Feeling adventurous? You can make your own Christmas kombucha, and learn all about flavouring kombucha by heading over to our shop tab, and treating yourself or your loved ones to one of our kombucha recipe kits or kombucha brewing manuals.
3. Summer Sangria with a Citrus Burst
Making one drink at a time can get exhausting, I get you. Add a little class to the traditional punch and make yourself a summer sangria. This one is for those that need a little sweetness to get through all those Christmas events because social events can be bitter, but your healthy Christmas Kombucha recipe doesn't have to be.
- 1 bottle of dry white wine
- 600 ml bottle of plain kombucha
- 1/4 cup white rum
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup of raw honey (more or less depending on how sweet you want it)
- 2 lemons, sliced/halved
- 2 oranges, sliced/peeled/quartered
- 1 grapefruit, sliced/peeled/quartered
(substitute alcohol for sparkling water and add a little bit more orange juice for a mocktail version)
*Professional Tip - try some of those recipes with Christmas kombucha flavours such as apple cinnamon kombucha and garnish with a cinnamon stick to spice things up.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large jug or pitcher. When choosing your cups, a mason jar looks adorable with orange slices on the side.
- Put it in the fridge for a little bit, I'm not saying it has to be icy, but it does taste better chilled than room temperature.
- Allow to sit for at least 4 hours before serving.
4. Citrus Tequila Twist
We don't expect you to get through the holiday season without tequila, so we wanted to make a Christmas Kombucha recipe that would be loved by the whole family and friends. Using your kombucha instead of ginger ale gives you the added health benefits of a fermented beverage and less sugar content. Winning!
- 1 grapefruit, lime, and orange
- Honey or agave
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- Your favourite Christmas kombucha flavour – I recommend ginger, citrus, mango
- Splash of sparkling water
*Professional Tip - after your drink is garnished, add in a little splash of cranberry juice for that "Tequila Sunrise" vibe.
- Squeeze all those delicious fruits and mix the juice together.
- Mix in tequila and honey, taste test needed to see if you need a little more sweetness.
- Divide into salt-rimmed cups (optional but recommended) half full with ice.
- Top with kombucha for that bubbly goodness.
- Garnish with mint and a citrus slice.
5. Dark and Stormy Kombucha Bomb
Fresh ginger kombucha is what makes this drink. If you cannot find it in stores why not look into homemade kombucha with one of our kombucha kits and kombucha guides. Guaranteed once you have fresh ginger kombucha, you will not need to buy ginger ale ever again!
- Ginger Kombucha
- 2 oz Dark or Spiced Rum
- Lime leaves
- 1 Lime
- Sparkling water
- Find yourself a boss tumbler glass.
- If you have those cool ice balls go with one of those, if not, a small handful of ice cubes will do the job.
- Add your shot of rum and give it a swirl.
- Top with 2 parts ginger kombucha, 1 part sparkling water, and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and a lime leaf or two.
Every holiday season can be a little stressful on our bodies but your drinks don't have to be. A delicious mix of Christmas kombucha flavours without all the extra sugar has wonderful health benefits to help get you through this holiday season and kick off the new year. If you’re after the best kombucha scoby in Australia for these delicious Christmas Kombucha recipes, make sure to check our store online.
From the family here at NourishMe Organics, we would like to wish you a very merry Christmas and a wonderfully healthy New Year 2022. We look forward to bringing you more amazing homemade kombucha recipes, tasty ideas for fermented foods, and mason jar hacks to help you with your gut health journey.